Thursday, June 26, 2008

Greetings from San Pedro Sula, Honduras!

Posted by Simply Christian

Hello everybody! Wow, what an adventure we´ve had the last couple of days, it´s been crazy! Praise God He´s been with us through it all and has taken good care of us! The Odyssey for this week started early Monday morning at about 3 a.m., we got all our stuff together to get ready to leave Phoenix, went to the airport like good little travelers with plenty of time to spare, every single ounce of liquid painstakingly conformed to TSA requirements, every last stitch of underwear tightly rolled and evenly distributed so as not to exceed any precious weight limits. Everything seemed to be going fine until they got to my passport, which doesn´t expire until September of this year...

Well, the lady at the desk informed us that this might be a problem, you see, because though my passport is still valid, it just might not be valid enough for Honduras to let me in...and we were due to be on a flight at this point in about an hour to Houston and then from there straight to Honduras. Do you remember those Tom and Jerry cartoons where Tom would see something that surprised him and his jaw would immediately drop to the ground with a loud, metallic clanging noise, that´s kind of how we looked at that moment.

Well, to make a long story short, I found out that we would have to change our flight until the following day and go to Houston and wait in line at the passport renewal agency ALL DAY LONG to get an emergency renewal of my passport in hopefully a day. Praise God, Faby has a precious aunt who lives in Houston and she opened her home and living room floor to us and thus began the Quest For the Passport That Was Good Enough For Honduras. I started out early Tuesday morning taking in all the necessary paperwork and then was told to come back at 2:30 that afternoon to get my passport. Praise God they assured me that I would be able to get it that day, and I did. In the process, I got to know every nook and cranny of downtown Houston fairly well and even got to talk to people from El Salvador about Jesus. By the way, Houston has a really nice, huge library if you ever happen to be in downtown Houston and need to check out a book...

Oh, did I mention that I ate some really nasty tacos and got food poisoning the day before my passport interview? Yeah, that actually happened and it was one of the most horrible experiences of my life. Praise God, by the next morning I felt much better though I didn´t eat anything all day long. I really want to thank anybody who stopped and took a moment to pray for us through all of this. Like I said, God really gave us favor in the passport place and the opportunity to visit a precious aunt who has been through her share of physical battles the last year or so. All in all, it was another adventure and gave me some funny stuff to write about on my blog!

Well, as I said, we are here in Honduras with Faby´s father and brother´s and sister´s and it´s hot as blazes! And on top of that it´s humid like you can´t imagine! I tell you what, Eli amazes me how she just adapts to whatever situation, I am constantly just awed and amazed at God´s grace and goodness! He has really helped us and her on this trip and of that I am sure! Well, I´ll close for now, thanks so much for taking the time to read my little blog, as I said, it´s fun for me just to write down some memories and hopefully entertaining for whoever reads it as well. It also gives me a chance to request prayer and I don´t think I can ever ask too much! Please keep praying for us for safe travel and healthy food and protection and all those things you need when traveling abroad, especially with a little one. Blessings! PSanders

0 comments: