Thursday, July 17, 2008

One for the history books...

Posted by Simply Christian

I´ve been praying a lot lately that God would further show me His purpose for my life and as I do, it seems as if He always brings simple things to my mind. Now some of you might be thinking to yourself, ¨hmm, simple things for a simple mind,¨ but hear me out on this. Nowadays, people yearn for high and lofty things in life, but we seem to have a lost a sense of the how.


For example, when you read about certain people in the early part of the history of America, they seemed to have a sense of purpose and dignity in the simple things of life. A job well done, being a person of integrity, when doing something, do it all to the glory of God. Along the way, they accomplished amazing things, things that we read about in history books. We read about these great things and we would like to do something that will also be read about by future generations, but sadly, many do not even have a concept of the ¨little things,¨ the how. American society as a whole has pushed God and His precepts out, we have allowed moral rot to set in causing entire generations to be born who don´t even have a clue as to the meaning of integrity, faithfulness, character and doing all for the glory of God (trust me, I teach a lot of them in school...). So we...watch T.V., play golf or video games, read stuff on the internet, complain about our job and envy and blame the guy at the top.


I guess what I´m trying to say is, God´s will or purpose for our lives is wrapped in what many consider to be ¨small things,¨ that appear to be not worth our time. But, by honoring God in all things, living with a sense of integrity, dignity, destiny and purpose for His glory from day to day, we will more than likely accomplish things that will be recorded in eternal history books.

0 comments: