Friday, June 20, 2008

Friday June 20th, 2008

Posted by Simply Christian

Praise God, everything's been going real well here in the big A-Z. There are a few things I've learned about the Phoenix area since I've been here that are very interesting. I'll try to break it down in outline form so it will be easier to understand:
1. It's very hot.
2. It's ridiculously hot.
3. It's insanely hot.
4. There are nothing but gigantic red boulders/ (something like the surface of the planet Mars) with little or no signs of life on them, scraggly little trees here and there, and an occasional saguaro cactus but yet there are millions of people who choose to live here (and that one I've been trying to figure out for days...)
5. You feel as though you're living in some space outpost and to actually go outside is the equivalent of doing a space walk (which will kill you within a matter of seconds unless wearing the proper clothing or driving in an appropriate vehicle) so you pretty much just stay put in the "outpost."
6. It's hot.
7. And finally, there are absolutely no clouds in the entire state of Arizona. None. They just simply don't exist here.
These are the interesting things I've learned about Arizona in my time here so far. I hope to learn many more interesting facts about this great state soon and as soon as I do, rest assured I will share them with you here on my blog!
Apart from all the interesting things I've learned about the state itself, I've also learned that there a lot of good, Jesus loving people here in this area. We've had such a good time working with the Praise team and it's really amazing how far they've come since we began last Saturday. I really thank God for this time and for these people's willingness to work so hard. We've been spending every night the last week in workshops from about 7 to 10 at night. We have a time in the word and in prayer and then we get to work musically. What's been a blessing to me is that these guys go to work all day in the hot Arizona weather and then show up faithfully every night ready to go to work. I've really been blessed and humbled by their diligence. Well, I guess I'll go for now, thanks for reading and God bless!

0 comments: